Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hindsight, Day 1 ...


Day 1 - Orlando, Fl to Frankfurt, Germany 
Friday, March 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hindsight - knowing what I now know, when I go abroad again I will take on 1 to 2 changes of clothes, max. Seriously. Lots of underwear of course, but I'll pack like I'm triking again (check out www.TheWiFiPedalers.com). Anything I need beyond that can be purchased abroad, besides, that's more fun. LOL As for toiletries, well, you know what you need, but I say keep it REALLY simple. The schedule is VERY full and every moment you have at the hotel should be used for sleeping fast, and not packing.  smile  
TEAM Ohio and Baby Gurl!!! 



Hindsight - If you're in Orlando before leaving go to the Millennia Mall (or your bank) and get Euros so you not paying extra fees. Now again, only you know how much you'll spend, but I averaged less than$40 a day, but I'm NOT a shopper. So, you decide, cause the shopping is GREAT, even for me, a non shopper and experiencing the food was even better.  

What Sayest thou about this??? 


Hindsight - I forgot the straw yall, yep I left it at home, but it was all good. The water was safe in Italy and in Greece. The only place I was extra precautions in concerning the water was on the ferry (see Superfast.com that took us from Bari, Italy to Igoumenitsa, Greece. 


OK, we're here, checked in and ready to rock and roll. Lufthansa Airline is scheduled to take us in to Frankfurt, Germany tonight. Pray me through. Salad for dinner, followed by chocolate .... That's the American way. LOL .... So far so good. 

So there was us, Valencia College and TEAM Ohio, from Findlay University  

There's 16 of us to include 2 professors: Tammy Gitto, Professor of Humanities and Caroline Cully, Professor of Religion. Pray us through. 

Hindsight - I don't know if anything could have prepared me for the flight. I mean we're talking about a full plane with over 200 people aboard, and I think I'm borderline claustrophobic. : ) The outside rows had 3 seats and the inside row had 4 seats. I was in the inside row squished in the middle, it was awful. In the future I will plan to pay whatever needed for at least an isle seat or if you can pull off first class, go for it. I dont know, perhaps if Jon had been with me I would have felt better, at least I would have had someone to whine to. Oh the joys of marriage. 

The flight from Orlando to Frankfurt, Germany was a little over 8 hours  ... and that's Day 1, Hindsight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment